Good planning tools
SAP has always been known for the quality of its planning tools. The flagship SAP ERP system (ECC) allows the planner to plan in long, medium and short term horizons. The main components offered by SAP in the ERP system (ECC) are the tools for:
- S&OP (Sales and Operation Planning) long-term planning tools – the so-called product group-based planning and the so-called flexible planning.
- LTP (Long Term Planning) planning and simulation planning
- demand planning and modelling, e.g. Demand Management (DEM) sales forecast consumption strategy,
- Master Production Scheduling (MPS),
- Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP) and balancing.
The standard tools used for production planning in SAP ERP offer and support MRP planning in MRP2 standard – material demand planning and initial capacity utilization. Possible balancing of the production plan against the availability of individual resources is performed in a separate step.
The primary planning assumption is the execution ...
Full content available upon login