The migration project for the IT systems to the BCC Data Centres launched at the beginning of 2014 assumed a multilevel and phased approach to the implementation. The main requirements of Żabka towards the outsourcer were:
- Accessibility of services in at least two data centres physically and geographically separated
- Providing high accessibility
- Independent Internet connections
- High competence of IT administrators and consultants, along outstanding experience of the Polish market and skills in the field of SAP technology
- The possibility of remote management of the power supply in the RACK cabinets along with continuous measurement of intensity and power on each of the sections
- Independent information on each opening of the cabinets, registered in the internal log of the devices, along with notifications to the customer’s email group
- Physical accessibility of the devices 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Under the contract, BCC Data Centres guarantee to meet all the expectations of Żabka in a modern and secure technical infrastructure in two twin data processing centres in separate geographical locations.
The transportation of IT equipment (servers, disk arrays, network devices: LAN, WAN and SAN) was totally supervised by the BCC and ran smoothly. Parallel to the equipment migration, the migration of IT systems at the level of the virtual machines was implemented in cooperation with BCC SAP administrators and Żabka SAP administrators. During the entire period of the migration, the client’s system worked uninterruptedly, with full access to the internal and external resources.
The current IT infrastructure collocation solution used, along with comprehensive administration of the SAP systems is a favourable solution for the client. The client may now focus on optimizing the maintenance and development processes of the Żabka and Freshmarket retail chain.
Żabka Polska Sp. z o.o. is the owner of the largest convenience store network in Poland, conducting activity under the brand name Żabka. In the several years of its activity on the domestic market, the company has gained a leading position in this sales segment. The Żabka network of stores is a modern retail concept, designed to provide customers with the convenience of purchases. In order to meet the needs of consumers – in more than 3,000 stores, Żabka offers the best-branded products and a wide range of additional services under a common logo Zielone Okienko. Żabka Poland is also the owner of the brand Freshmarket – located in city centres and close to housing estates; shops selling besides products found in Żabka stores, a vast selection of fresh food products.