ECM Employee Personnel Files
Digital personnel files for SAP HR and SuccessFactors
E-records of employees in SAP
ECM Employee Personnel Files is an add-on to SAP personnel and payroll systems (SAP HR/HCM, SuccessFactors). It enables the implementation and maintenance of the company’s employee records in digital form (electronic personnel files).
ECM Employee Personnel Files enables HR department employees and line managers to create electronic personnel files by assigning electronic documents and scans to appropriate types of documents placed in dedicated parts of electronic personnel files.
Based on SNP ECM, Employee Personnel Files allows you to configure a uniform electronic model of personnel files, tailored to the needs of a specific organization. The solution offers a uniform structure of personnel files, broken down into folders and types of documents (e.g. employment contracts, employment separation certificates, etc.).
Electronic HR files in SAP - details
Employee Personnel Files is based on SNP ECM, a platform which is a unique combination of a content management system for the management and archiving of all types of electronic information processed by the organization, and a workflow system.
The REST API module built into SNP ECM enables the integration of E-Teczki with external applications such as:
- OCR systems (e.g. ABBYY FineReader Server, ABBYY FlexiCapture)
- systems for electronic signing of documents (e.g. DocuSign)
- Key functions
- Handling of A, B, C and D sections of the personnel file, in accordance with the guidelines of the Regulation of the Minister of Labor and Social Policy;
- Handling of additional sections – the administrator can add their own sections and store there documents not required by law;
- Automatic deletion of documents and retention – the option of automatic deletion of defined types of documents and entire files after a specified period of time. The deletion is a two-stage process – an acceptance by the designated user is required. The solution allows you to define the time after which various types of documents should be deleted (a retention period).
- Support for multiple company codes in one application. HR staff can have access to the data of all companies, or can be assigned to a specific company code.
- Exporting data to a ZIP file that contains pairs of PDF scans and XML data files in accordance with the Regulation guidelines.
- Loading documents into individual sections with expiration dates using either an internal workflow or a REST API for external applications e.g. OCR systems.
- Storing electronically signed documents in external applications (e.g. DocuSign)
- Generating notifications in accordance with the deadline and recipient defined for each type of document (e.g. alerts about the upcoming date of periodic examinations, mandatory training or the end of the contract). It is a great help for the managerial staff and the HR department. Alerts can generate tasks in the application or send reports in the form of email.
- Access and search
In Employee Personnel Files in SAP, you can assign appropriate authorizations to individual system users: managers, HR department staff and other employees.
For example: it is possible to make documents available in read-only mode to employees (each employee has access to their own documents) and managers (access to documents and data about employees reporting to them in the organizational structure), while HR teams can be provided with full permissions to manage personnel files (adding documents, reorganization of files, data export).
- Legal basis
ECM Employee Personnel Files enables the employee records to be archived in electronic form, in accordance with the current Regulation on Employee Records of the Minister of Family, Labor and Social Policy dated December 10, 2018 (provisions came into force on January 1, 2019).
Under this legislation, employers are able to choose the form in which employee records will be stored (previously, paper form was mandatory). The employer decides for themselves whether they want to archive documents in paper or electronic form. It means that it is possible to replace the existing paper records with electronic ones.
The new rules also reduce the mandatory retention period for new employees’ records from 50 to 10 years. This facilitation applies to files of employees hired as of January 1, 2019. It is part of the #100ZmianDlaFirm package.
The cost of storing employee records for 50 years and the inability to keep them in electronic form have for years been indicated by entrepreneurs as one of the main bureaucratic barriers to doing business.
- Integration in SAP environment
ECM Employee Personnel Files is a solution designed for integration with SAP systems (SAP HR/SAP HCM, SuccessFactors Employee Central).
The application integrates with SAP via webservice. Employee data in digital personnel files is retrieved and updated from the SAP application. SAP remains in this architecture the center of employee data management, and changes are immediately mapped to E-Teczki.
Installation of SNP Employee Personnel Files in the SAP environment requires the following technical conditions to be met: ECC 6.00 version with Support Package 9 or higher (SAP HR/HCM); or SuccessFactors subscription.