Electronic Invoice Flow (EIF) in SAP
SNP Invoice Flow supports the EIF process from receipt of the invoice (PDF file upload), through registration, accounting verification, substantive verification and financial approval up to posting.
- Key features of the solution
- The entire process is performed in the SAP system (ERP/ECC, S/4HANA) using SAP transaction, using technology SAP Business Workflow.
- The solution can be integrated with an intelligent OCR system that automates the initial document input
- Invoices as PDF files can also be uploaded manually into the SAP system (OAWD archiving transaction)
- Automatic PDF upload can be done via e-mail sent from the scanner or downloaded from an FTP server (in this case, the tool can additionally download a CSV file with invoice header data and order allocations
- The solution with CSV files is designed for the scenario of cooperation with an external scanning company delivering invoice packages, e.g. in daily cycles.
- Archiving via the SAP ArchiveLink interface. The PDF files entered into the system are archived in an external content server (e.g. SAP Content Server, SNP ECM Content Server).
- Finally, a workflow process is run in SAP for each PDF file uploaded.
- EIF process in SAP
- Registration e.g. in the secretary’s office or directly in accounting department.
- Accounting verification consists of handling a parked document, e.g., creating an item with or without a purchase order reference and performing all those steps that are normally performed when posting an invoice in a MIRO transaction.
- It is possible to post a document immediately or send it back to a designated person for substantive verification (e.g. in a situation when the system has signalled quantity/price deviations).
- Invoices are also sent back for substantive verification when, for example, an invoice does not refer to a purchase order. The substantive verifier is then responsible for creating the post-factum purchase order.
- For large value invoices (configurable limit), financial approval may be required before the document can be posted
2 dedicated reports are also provided as part of the SNP Invoice Flow package:
- Accounting report used to monitor invoices handled in the workflow process;
- Workflow process monitoring report (e.g. verification of who is keeping workflow tasks after the deadline)