- automation of migration activities thanks to ready-to-use SNP Transformation Platform software
- availability of historical data from SAP ERP/ECC in the new system thanks to selective data migration (Selective Data Transition Engagement approach)
- several transformations (e.g. transition to S/4HANA, upgrade of Unicode, consolidation of entities, new General Ledger), in one project with one go-live
- Near Zero Downtime – minimum time of system unavailability for business
Now it is time to plan the migration to S/4HANA
2025 is the last year of system maintenance for SAP ERP.
40,000 companies and institutions have to migrate by then.
Already in 2021, there may be shortages of specialists to support migration.
Therefore, preparations for migration should be made now.
SNP comprehensively supports customers in preparing and carrying out the transition to S/4HANA, helping them choose the optimal migration scenario. Our approach combines the competencies of SNP Poland experts in SAP applications and technologies, experience from dozens of complex SAP migration projects, as well as the SNP Group’s unique solutions supporting SAP environment transformation projects.
Find the optimal migration path for your company
Deploy the new system from scratch and start using the new S/4HANA features and technologies, with no historical data available. An additional data migration project is necessary to benefit from reverse analysis.
An optimal approach to transition to S/4HANA for companies that need a completely new set of ERP functions, significantly different from the current system.
The unique approach developed by SNP allows the S/4HANA to be launched with new features, along with the availability of historical data. Several business and technological transformations can be done in one project, with minimal downtime for business (Near Zero Downtime). All this is possible thanks to the use of ready-to-use SNP software, which automates the migration activities.
Convert existing SAP functionalities and data to the new S/4HANA technology platform using SAP Solution Manager. In this approach, migration means technical upgrade to S/4HANA and implementation of new functions is carried out in the subsequent steps.
Optimal approach for low and medium complexity SAP environments. For Brownfield we recommend the SNP S/4HANA Conversion Set certified by SAP – a package of methodology, services and tools enabling conversion to S/4HANA in a fast and safe way, for a predetermined price.
SNP S/4HANA Fitting
- Scope of analysis project
- Analysis of SAP environment readiness for migration (Readiness Check)
- Evaluation of advantages and disadvantages of using different approaches to the migration of a specific environment (implementation from scratch – Greenfield; technical conversion using SAP Solution Manager (for instance, with SNP S/4HANA Conversion Set) – Brownfield; an approach of SNP with the use of BLT tools automating migration – Bluefield)
- Recommendation of an optimal strategy for conversion to S/4HANA along with an estimation of the workload and an initial project schedule
- Analysis of the impact of external factors on the migration to S/4HANA project (e.g. other planned projects, hosting agreements, interfaces)
- Test migration (Proof-of-concept – POC) of the production system to the S/4HANA environment (optional)
- Project result
The result of SNP S/4HANA Fitting is the first step towards future migration to S/4HANA. A several-week project results in a high-level plan of transformation to S/4HANA along with the estimation of the costs and time of the project, as well as the identification of key project challenges.
SNP S/4HANA Conversion Set
SNP S/4HANA Conversion Set has obtained the SAP certificate as the first qualified SAP partner solution in Poland. “The SAP-Qualified Partner-Packaged Solution certificate is a ticket for a fast and safe journey to the world of the latest SAP solutions.” – said Jochen Hecker, SAP MEE Solution Center Director.
How to choose the scenario of migration to S/4HANA?
How do the possible approaches to migration to S/4HANA – Greenfield, Brownfield, Bluefield – work in practice? Watch the webinar recording to find out!
Learn more about conversion to S/4HANA
See also: migration to the SAP HANA database
S/4HANA is based on the revolutionary SAP HANA database technology. The HANA revolution consist in transferring the management of large data sets from disk space to internal memory, which opens up completely new data reporting and analyzing possibilities.
SAP HANA can also be used as a database for the SAP ERP system. SAP ERP customers opt for this migration to use the potential of HANA and also – as part of preparation for ERP migration to S/4 HANA.
A comprehensive S/4HANA offer
Project of migration to S/4HANA (other colloquially used names: SAP S4, S4HANA, S4/HANA) is also referred to as:
- Conversion to S/4HANA
- Upgrade to S/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA implementation
- Summary of the SNP offer
- Pre-project analysis, business case, POC (proof of concept)
- Migration / conversion / upgrade
- Or reimplementation (S/4HANA implementation)