SNP Partner Checker
SAP and the White List of Taxpayers
Verification of Contractors’ Data in SAP
We offer the solution for the following systems: S/4HANA, SAP ERP (ECC, SAP R/3) and SAP Business One (HANA, SQL).
SNP Poland has been developing and enhancing the business partner data verification solutions since 2018, as new legal regulations appeared and became more specific, including in particular the amendment regarding the so-called white list of taxpayers.
The solution is based on the integration with external databases (via an API which connects to the SNP Partner Checker service maintained in SNP Poland.) This streamlines the work of SAP users who can verify the contractor’s data directly in the SAP system.
Supported functions – verification of the following data:
- Status in the VAT taxpayer register
- NIP (Taxpayer Identification Number) and VAT-UE number
- Bank account numbers
Response to legal challenges
SNP Partner Checker is a product that is ready to use within just a few minutes after transferring a transport request to the SAP system.
- Legal regulations - white list of taxpayers
On September 1, 2019, the amended provisions of The Act on the Amendment of the Tax on Goods and Services and Certain Other Acts come into force, introducing a new list of VAT taxpayers (a so-called white list of taxpayers) containing the necessary information on VAT taxpayers.
According to the Act, the database will be maintained in electronic form by the National Revenue Administration (NRA) and will ultimately replace other existing lists used for the verification of contractors. In particular, the database will contain the data on:
- entities which were not registered in the VAT register or were de-registered
- entities registered (active and exempt VAT taxpayers), including those restored to the VAT register
- contractors’ bank account numbers.
- Checking NIP in SAP
SNP NIP Checker allows you to automate the process of checking counterparties using NIP numbers, which improves the work of system users. This solution enables the user to check the NIP number directly in SAP.
It allows alerts to be triggered when an attempt is made to register a document with an incorrect number, and enables multiple numbers to be checked at the same time on demand. The verification is made in the Ministry of Finance databases for NIP numbers and in the European Union databases for VAT-EU numbers.
The verification can be made for:
- JPK_VAT files
- Master data on suppliers/customers
- Manually specified VAT number lists (can be downloaded from a file)
- Other locations in the system (the solution provides an API that makes it easy to integrate them with, for example, issuing orders for suppliers, posting invoices from suppliers, receiving orders from customers, or invoicing customers).
The results of the checks are recorded in logs and can be printed at any time.
- Checking the settlement accounts
SNP Partner Checker allows you to verify contractors’ settlement bank accounts in the database maintained by the National Revenue Administration directly from the SAP system.
The purpose of the verification is to avoid payment for delivered materials and services to bank accounts other than those included in the list maintained by NRA, and thus to avoid the sanctions provided for in the Act.
Solutions included in SNP Partner Checker streamline the work of users by displaying alerts when they attempt to create documents with an invalid bank account number or by allowing them to check the validity of bank accounts for multiple contractors simultaneously.