Integration and application platform
Major SAP NetWeaver components:
- SAP NetWeaver Portal (also SAP Portal; formerly SAP Enterprise Portal, SAP EP): a common, consistent portal platform that integrates information from various systems and aggregates applications made available to users based on a flexible system of roles.
- SAP Process Integration (SAP PI; formerly SAP Exchange Infrastructure, SAP XI): a flexible integration platform that offers a system for exchanging information between the processes that process it, and those which run within applications. A basis for creating adapters that enable communication between different systems.
- SAP Business Intelligence (SAP BI): aggregates information, supporting the reporting process starting from collection and analysis and ending with the distribution of data within an organisation.
- SAP Mobile Infrastructure (SAP MI): a complete infrastructure that allows you to share and develop applications for mobile devices (notebooks, PDAs, mobile phones, etc.) offering technological independence.
- SAP Master Data Management (SAP MDM): enables the unification of information scattered across multiple systems and applications. It allows you to create and handle huge data warehouses, which are a basic and coherent source of data for organisations.
- SAP Web Application Server (SAP WAS): a Java/ABAP application server, which is a basis for all components of the SAP NetWeaver platform.
- SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio: a central development environment for the SAP NetWeaver application based on Eclipse open technology.
- SAP Visual Composer: a tool based on Web technology and designed for modelling business applications in SAP.