SAP pre-implementation analysis
During the analysis, SNP consultants hold a number of meetings with the Customer’s employees. They become familiar with the company’s strategy, its needs in particular areas, its organisational structure, the flow of business processes in the company, the flow of information and document exchange and work organisation at various positions.
The product of this service is a pre-implementation analysis report that contains the following elements (the detail of scope is determined by the Customer’s expectations):
- Identification and description of business processes. The level of detail and the method of description (text or graphic) is determined individually for each Customer when specifying details of the pre-implementation analysis scope.
- A detailed description of business processes may be the subject of a separate project – the mapping of business processes.
- A recommended functional scope of the implementation. A tabular list of all business processes, functions and data types that are recommended for inclusion in the functional scope of the implemented system
- A recommended organisational scope of the implementation. A list of business entities, that are a part of the Customer’s organization, to be covered by the implementation of the system
- The proposed goals of the implementation. Measurable business goals developed jointly with the Customer to be achieved by the company through the implementation of the ERP system (depending on the scope of the analysis – general goals of the whole company as well as specific goals of individual departments/functional units).
- Expected business benefits. Potential benefits that will be achieved by the Customer after ERP system implementation through the optimisation of: an organisational structure, business process flows and the way in which individual functions are performed in workplaces
- A safe work schedule. A schedule that enables effective deployment of the recommended functional scope of the implementation while taking into account the actual availability of the Customer’s resources (organisational, personnel, financial resources)
- The estimated cost of the project. Implementation costs (based on the estimated budget of working days of the implementation company’s consultants), costs of the system licence (including the forecast number of users) as well as IT hardware and technical infrastructure.
- Technical infrastructure evaluation. A review of the Customer’s technical infrastructure in terms of necessary investments related to ERP system implementation (servers, backup systems, users’ workstations, LAN, WAN networks, etc.). The technical infrastructure may be the subject of a separate service – preparation of an IT infrastructure project.