SAP Solution Manager
In addition to purely administrative tasks, the solution allows you to track business processes, to manage changes (Change Request Manager), to monitor the impact of changes in the code of custom programs on the update processes (Custom Code Management), to carry out functional tests (Test Management), to manage the documentation of the implementation or other projects (Solution Documentation).
The key components of SAP Solution Manager:
- Solution Documentation – used to store documentation on both SAP and non-SAP solutions. In addition to acting as a standard file server, the solution also enables documenting the most important information about the changes made.
- Project Management – used to centrally manage the lifecycle of the implemented SAP solution.
- Test Management – functional testing.
- Incident Management – management of IT incidents.
- Technical Operations – allows monitoring of SAP and non-SAP IT systems, starting from the technical monitoring of satellite systems and ending with the monitoring of background tasks and business processes.
- Business Process Monitoring (BPMon) – enables the business processes to be modeled in the system and proactively monitored. Monitoring is process-oriented and can cover all systems used in the process, including the interfaces used for data transmission.
- Maintenance Management – related to standard tasks maintaining SAP systems in good condition.
- Custom Code Management – monitoring the impact of changes in the code of custom programs on the update processes.
- Change Request Management (ChaRM) – management of changes within projects, processing of transports, approving of requests for changes.
Many of the above applications have been implemented in SAP Mobile Solution Manager: Incident Management, Change Request Management, Technical Monitoring, Business Process Monitoring.