Flexible integration of SAP and EDI platforms
The solution acts as a middleware layer between SAP ERP system and EDI platforms used to communicate with partners. EasyEDIconnector provides a centralized, coherent architecture that allows a quick and easy start-up of EDI communication in SAP system:
- of varying scope (multiple message types – orders, invoices, …)
- with various business partners (numerous customers, retail chains, suppliers,…)
- based on various EDI platforms (including SNP proprietary integration platform – Edistrada)
The communication of SAP ERP system with EDI platforms (e.g. Edistrada, Comarch EDI – previously Comarch ECOD) using EasyEDIconnector decreases the number of places, where a process may be disturbed by the occurrence of an error, which positively affects the reliability of the entire connection and allows central managing and monitoring. All documents exchanged by means of EDI are displayed in a dedicated EDI monitor, making it possible to control the correctness of the exchange of EDI data conveniently in one place.
The security of the data flow between SAP ERP and EDI platforms is ensured by the usage of the HTTPS protocol in data transmission.
The solution was developed based on many years of SNP Poland experience in the implementation of EDI scenarios and business-to-business communication, and also in accordance with the best business practices of EDI market in Poland and in the world.
EasyEDIconnector utilizes standard SAP tools and mechanisms, including:
- Internet Communication Framework component for providing connectivity with EDI platforms
- the mechanism for executing SOAP web services (Enterprise Services) at the ABAP code level
- so called output framework with condition records to manage automation of sending documents to EDI platforms
- XSLT Tool to work with XML data
- standardized representation of specific business-to-business communication objects, e.g. EAN numbers for materials, and ILN/GLN numbers for parties and ISO codes
- SAP standard application programming interfaces (BAPI) for creating sales orders
SNP EasyEDIconnector is open to modifications and extensions; changes can be smoothly implemented to existing scenarios, but also including new scenarios is significantly simplified and improved thanks to the toolset provided.