The aim of SNP, when creating SNP HANA Live Pack, was to provide companies using the processing platform in the SAP HANA memory with modern and efficient analytical tools that will fulfill their advanced reporting needs. Additionally, one of the key assumptions of SAP HANA Live Pack is to facilitate implementation of the new solution, which significantly increases SAP HANA functionality as much as possible.
The SAP HANA platform itself gains increasing market recognition. In-memory data processing or columnar data entry significantly accelerated the functioning of the systems. An increase of the speed of access to data opens numerous new possibilities. The transaction and analytical systems do not have to use separate database instances. SAP HANA can combine these two functions, without losing efficiency and at the same time providing real-time reporting.
Customers do not have to be concerned with problems that frequently occur in relation to traditional reporting, such as:
- Regular transfer of a large volume of data resulting in a long loading time and delay in access to information;
- Schedule of transferring data must be adjusted to system environment efficiency, which sometimes may even prevent implementation of a given solution in the form that would be most convenient for the user;
- Extended time of implementing reporting tools, as in the standard solution it is also necessary to program data transfer between the systems.
Elimination of the above and many other obstacles encourages consideration of the new approach, which allows real-time reporting directly from the ERP – SAP HANA Live system.
SAP HANA Live is a set of predefined business insights, allowing easy and quick reporting directly from transaction systems, without extracting data to external data warehouses.
SAP HANA Live
A set of predefined business insights, allowing easy and quick reporting directly from transaction systems, without extracting data to external data warehouses. Data aggregation, calculation of indicators and combining tables take place in real time and these processes are practically unnoticeable for the user. The solution creates the possibility to respond quickly to complex ad-hoc inquiries, which supports the process of making quick and appropriate business decisions. It provides for a more efficient use of systems and information resources available at a given company.
SAP HANA Live provides predefined tables and virtual data models, which largely cover the reporting needs of enterprises.
Currently, SAP provides more than two thousand configured models, including provision of information for the following domains:
- SAP ERP,
- SAP GRC,
- SAP GTS,
- SAP CRM,
- SAP Retail,
- SAP Insurance,
and many others.
The pack is characterized by a high degree of integration with other SAP BusinessObjects tools, e.g. SAP BOBJ Web Intelligence, SAP BOBJ Design Studio, SAP BOBJ Analysis for Office, SAP Lumira or SAP Predictive Analytics.
Integration of SAP HANA Live with the applications listed above may contribute to a significant increase in the efficiency of these tools. Some benefits arising from the use of the solution are presented below:
- flexible analyses based on the latest data,
- access to information also on a high granulation level,
- quicker information processing, also if the scope of data is significant,
- intuitive interface – complexity of the solution is hidden by virtual data models,
- standardization of the solution, the expansion of which knowledge of common mechanisms (such as SQL language) is required, additional knowledge in the field of data warehouses or a dedicated ABAP programming language will not be required any more after preparing a report,
- increased competitive advantage and enhanced quality of information used in the operational data analysis.
Within the S/4HANA product, SAP broadly uses the SAP HANA Live technology. On its basis, they created analytical applications in the field of SAP Smart Business Cockpit, based on the SAP Fiori technology. Thanks to the use of SAP HANA Live, SAP within a short time improved a range of ready analytical applications (e.g. SAP Invoice and Goods Receipt Reconciliation or SAP Access Control Role Analytics).
Predefined SAP Fiori analytical elements allow the creation of management dashboards and real-time monitoring. Visualizations can be displayed in the web browser.
SNP HANA Live Pack service
SNP HANA Live Pack is a predefined set of services, allowing activation of real-time reporting from SAP ERP efficiently and at a low cost. The pack includes works ensuring both activation of the SAP HANA Live product as soon as possible, as well as trainings for employees, including:
- installation of the latest version of SAP HANA Live,
- configured basic rights both for administrative users, and business users, including division into areas (e.g. modules),
- installation of the required administration tools on workstations,
- workshops for users in the field of reporting in SAP HANA Live – extensions for already existing models and creating new models,
- workshops in the field of reporting in SAP BusinessObjects tools and/or Microsoft Excel,
- optional: workshops regarding integration of SAP HANA Live with SAP BW data warehouse.
As a result, the customer will receive a fully functional solution involving not only the reporting layer, but also the rights. At the end of the works, we offer trainings for employees so that they can take advantage of the entire potential of this approach to reporting.
Implementation of SAP HANA Live takes relatively little time. The time depends mainly on the scope of reporting in a given enterprise. Nonetheless, the entire scope of works finishes within a few to several weeks.
Another stage, which is not taken into account in the basic scope of SNP HANA Live Pack, may involve the creation of management dashboards using the SAP Fiori interface, both on the basis of applications predefined by SAP, as well as solutions created by SNP upon the customer’s request.